This week I am exploring how you can start or continue a conversation with your line manager or employer about being a working carer; why it is important to have that conversation for both of you, even if it might seem daunting, and some suggestions and resources to prepare, which will help to reduce negative thoughts and feelings, give you more confidence and hopefully, result in a positive outcome for you and them.
- Focus Month “March Male Carers Month”
- What is compassion fatigue and how it can affect unpaid and working carers?
- What is Carer Stress Syndrome, how to recognise and manage it.
- How to speak to your employer about being a carer
- The 3 emotional and practical phases of the caring journey and how to support yourself as you transition through them